Monday, August 26, 2013

He falls, he gets back up again

   On Saturday I slipped while handing a printer down to a coworker and fell to the concrete floor in Receiving. My hip took the main impact--more specifically, my outer upper thigh just below my hip landed against a metal rail. I lay on the floor for a couple of minutes, assessing whether I'd broken anything, before realizing how very lucky I was not to have hit my head.
   I'm fine. There's a stupendous bruise, and I squelch a yelp whenever I sit or rise from sitting. But really, I'm feeling very lucky. Realizing that I would be very sore the next day, I went dutifully to the gym after my shift and did my usual workout. I'm glad I did.
* * * * *
   Over at Seven Kitchens, I'm finishing the first ten copies of a limited-edition set: 26 signed & numbered copies of Ed Madden's My Father's House which will be given as donor premiums during his upcoming Kickstarter drive to fund the public concert performance of the poems. The campaign starts September 2nd.
   I've also finalized the new edition of Lisa Sewell's Long Corridor. The release date is October 1, but here's a sneak peek at the new cover:


   And I'm working on four more chapbook covers this week: the initial design for David Daniels' Indecency just came in, and it's a knockout; Dave Bonta's Breakdown: Banjo Poems will feature a painting by Steven Sherrill; I'm narrowing down the images for The Salvager's Arts by William Woolfitt; and David Eye has sent some great cover options for Rain Leaping Up When a Cab Goes Past.

No comments: