Thursday, September 01, 2016

AWPeeps?

Several of my 7KP authors have indicated that they will be attending the AWP conference in DC this February, and I'm trying to work out a way to get the press there--sharing a book table, setting up an offsite reading. The cost of the conference registration itself is daunting. I had a couple hundred dollars set back from chapbook sales this summer but that has gone for production and mailing costs. It's easy to imagine that the logistics would be simpler if I were still teaching--AWP is even offering free registration to adjuncts, for example, who volunteer four hours (or so I hear). But my connections are tenuous and outdated. If anyone out there knows anyone out there who might help me pull this into an actual, workable plan, I'm all ears.

No comments: