Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Smith Library



A couple weeks ago, I heard that the English Dept had arranged for their library liaison to sort through the big-ass stacks of old, old books bending the shelves of their wee "library" space. This is a smallish conference/ office/ study area, with a central room and teensy office compartments, where lots of antiquated volumes (in various languages) gather dust on the shelves. Anyway, the deal was: check the book carts and if there's anything you want to be re-shelved (kept), put a color-coded slip inside the book. And if there's anything you want to *have*, place a different color-coded slip inside the book.

Well I resisted the urge to claim anything, but I did take the camera over on Jan. 11th to get a few "mood shots" before the space gets its (much-needed) overhaul. I love old books and wish I had room to adopt a box or two. . .

No comments: