Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Dove request

Does anyone have a copy of Rita Dove's poem "American Smooth"--just the poem, not the book--that they can e-mail me? Soon? --Thanks much.

* * * * *
Tinkering with the syllabus for my Tuesday/Thursday class: which order do I want to set for the chapbooks? We're reading six this fall:
  • Michael Sowder, A Calendar of Crows [New Michigan Press]
  • J. Gabriel Scala, Twenty Questions for Robbie Dunkle *
  • Benjamin Scott Grossberg, The Auctioneer Bangs His Gavel *
  • Betsy Sholl, Coastal Bop [Oyster River Press]
  • Kent Maynard, Sunk Like God Behind the House *
  • Catherine Pierce, Animals of Habit *

*- Kent State

I am looking forward to catching up with a bunch of new chaps this fall. I've taught some of these a couple of times now, and I wanna clear the slate and play with a new batch. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I have some copies of my own to trade, if anyone's interested.

1 comment:

Air Meyers said...

I LIKE TO JUDGE BOOKS BASED ON COVERS AND TITLES. SUNK LIKE GOD BEHIND THE HOUSE SOUNDS SWEET. LET'S START WITH THAT.