Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring, sprang, sprung

Our campus takes an easter holiday: no classes tomorrow. I'm grateful; I need time to catch up with my grading.
* * *
I saw one blossom on a perennial vinca growing against the sunny corner of an old home on my walk home from the bank. That and a few lavender crocuses, tightly shut and quaking in the cold breeze.
* * *
Randy's almost finished with a large quilt that he started this winter. I've helped a tiny bit on it; I need to make the binding this weekend so we can try to finish it before I go out of town next weekend.
* * *
Meanwhile, today I was happy to find a batik fabric in the cupboard that matches the mini quilt I'm just finishing for one of the women at the bank. I cut three inch-wide strips from the batik and sewed them together into one long piece; tonight after dinner I'll press it in half (and then again) to make a narrow binding for the new quilt. It's turned out well. I hope she likes it. Will post a photo as soon as it's done.
* * *
Got a friend's manuscript by e-mail yesterday. I'm looking forward to giving it a close read.
* * *
The Robin Becker Chapbook manuscripts have been steadily trickling in. Please do spread the word: the deadline is May 15th.
* * *
Ostara blessings to all y'all--

No comments: