Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Yule--

--to everyone, a couple of days late, but good wishes to you just the same. We had a quiet holiday at home and spent much of it quilting. R and I have tag-teamed on a special quilt that I'd originally hoped to finish last month--it's my fault for getting a late start on it. We finished the quilting last night, and I cut and pressed fabric for the binding and managed to complete one side. There will be photos of the finished quilt soon.

Yesterday I got the urge to make a Sawtooth Bars mini, and after some trial-and-error piecing on the sewing machine (the triangle squares are less than one inch across and I kept getting them turned the wrong way), I finally got the hang of it and knocked this one out. It measures about 12 x 14. We made a large version two years ago in brown and indigo blue; my mom has that one now.

Meanwhile, I have been working on a small whole cloth quilt, about 14 inches square, and making good progress: it's much easier to quilt when you don't have to stitch through seams. I'll post photos of this one, too, as soon as it's finished (end of January, I'm guessing).

No comments: