Thursday, September 25, 2008

bile

Woke at three this morning in severe pain. Long story short: the E.R. doc diagnosed a gall bladder problem. We were released at about nine; I crashed around ten after e-mailing my students to reschedule some appointments and slept until four. I'm okay.
__ __ __

We're sitting in the living room tonight and in walks a white cat--maybe five months old?--utterly silent and suddenly there. She was very friendly and walked from room to room. We followed her to the kitchen where she poked her face into Sadie's food bowl and water bowl, then went up to Randy--purring, friendly--and for a few moments, I thought of how much I missed having a cat around. She could catch the mice! She could remind the squirrels and chipmunks to leave us a few peppers. . . then, of course, Sadie came tottering into the kitchen. I don't even know if she saw the cat. But the cat saw her. And was gone into the night.

5 comments:

Amanda Auchter said...

Yikes, Ron! I hope you feel better, soon!

Unknown said...

Wow, Ron. My brother had gall bladder. You have my sympathy.

Anonymous said...

Ron, I hope you get better soon! My thoughts are with you...

Anne Haines said...

I had my gall bladder removed many years ago, and the difference was amazing. For years I'd thought I suffered from "stress stomachaches" that woke me in the middle of the night every couple of months -- since having the thing yanked out, I haven't had a single one. The difference was amazing -- not just lack of pain, but feeling really healthy for the first time in years (though I hadn't realized I felt unhealthy).

Anyway, I do hope you feel much better!

RJGibson said...

Ron: Glad you liked the Saunders article so much and the congrats are appreciated.

Feel better.