Sunday, September 28, 2008

Reading table

On my reading table--where I hope they don't simply gather dust:

Katie Ford, Deposition
Sandy Longhorn, Blood Almanac
David Hernandez, Always Danger
Jake Adam York, A Murmuration of Starlings
Mary Jo Bang, Elegy
Mark Ameen, The Buried Body
James Allen Hall, Now You're the Enemy
Peter Covino, Cut Off the Ears of Winter
A. Van Jordan, M-A-C-N-O-L-I-A
Ada Limon, Lucky Wreck
Diane Wald, The Yellow Hotel
Jon Pineda, Birthmark
Lisa Lewis, The Unbeliever
Lisa Goett, Waiting for the Paraclete
G. E. Patterson, Tug
Jean Valentine, Little Boat
Stephen McLeod, The Borgo of the Holy Ghost
Vandanna Khanna, Train to Agra
Michael Dumanis, My Soviet Union
__ __ __

The other night, on the way to the hospital, I grabbed Paul Guest's Notes for My Body Double. It wasn't just the morphine: these are awesome poems.
__ __ __

Click here to read about the McCain/Palin haiku contest at The Nation. What fun.

2 comments:

Karen J. Weyant said...

Just caught up on your news -- hope you feel better soon.

Oh, and love your reading list, especially Blood Almanac by Sandy Longhorn.

Ron said...

Thanks, Karen. I'm back up to full speed now.

I always enjoyed reading the poems Sandy sent to West Branch when I was on staff there. Can't believe I'm so behind on my reading, but teaching comp will do that to ya.