The Joaquin Miller Cabin Poetry Series is currently accepting applications.
- WHEN: Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. in Washington, DC’s Rock Creek Park, Picnic Area Number 6, during June and July.
- WHAT: Two poets are usually featured. The outdoor programs held next to poet Joaquin Miller’s Cabin are sponsored by The Word Works, and the National Park Service.
- WHO: Kathi Morrison-Taylor, Rosemary Winslow and Deborah Ager are the co-directors for 2009.
- IF SELECTED, you will read your work at the cabin and receive a small honorarium. Copies of a poster/flyer (self-mailer) will be available for you to send to friends and colleagues. If you have books published, you may sell them at the reception. If you live out of town and need a place to stay, we’ll do our best to help you find a place.
TO APPLY to the series, send the following:
- 5 poems, typed, one poem per page. No one poem longer than two pages.
- Name, address, telephone numbers, email on first page of the submission. Name on every page.
- Brief biographical note, including publications, readings, literary studies, prizes.
- Stamped, self-addressed envelope for reply (for return of poems, add sufficient postage as needed).
- NOTE: All manuscripts must be typed. Any form or style of poetry will be considered; selection is made on the basis of the poems submitted. The biographical note is for information only. The director is assisted by a panel of writers in choosing poets.
- SEND TO: Rosemary Winslow, Co-Director; Joaquin Miller Cabin Poetry Series; Department of English; The Catholic University of America; Washington, DC 20064.
- DEADLINE: Postmarked on or before March 31 of each year.