Sunday, June 11, 2006

See you in six weeks

Actually, I don't expect it to be *that* bad, but summer session begins tomorrow. So we had a lazy Sunday, the last in a while that I won't need for grading papers.

Randy finished the quilting on our latest project, so I spent about an hour today marking, cutting and pressing fabric for the binding tape. I hope to have the binding completely finished by the end of this week. Will take photos: this is an especially nice one.

ISR is installing new computers in the West Branch offices tomorrow. Our main databases are kept on a Mac, but tomorrow we'll get a new PC and everything will be transferred. All day, the thought of losing data needled at me . . . so this evening I walked over and e-mailed our submission databases to myself. It's the only way I know to save data from a Mac. It's not that I don't trust the ITech folks, it's just--well, I've written before about "the island vs. the mainland." Anyway, I feel better about it now.

The Tony Awards are on tv tonight and I can't even get interested. I'm usually such a fan of all those glammy awards shows, and even get choked up sometimes. I understand it completely: the Leo in me wants to be recognized for doing a good job, whereas the Libra in me doesn't want anyone to make a fuss and can't handle genuine attention. So when I watch people get recognition for doing something they care passionately about (or seem to, anyway), I get all verklempt.

Gonna check my class enrollment to see if I need more copies of anything. Adios--


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mr. RonALD Mohring you have win the price to the best poet I've ever met. :D

You'll need to explain me how you share Leo and Libra if they are not connected.. you have Virgo in between, but maybe what I'm saying just shows how much I care about Zodiac.