Thursday, June 01, 2006

There's nothing like an interview--

--to make you seriously question every opinion you've ever (thought you) held. Fun opportunity, nonetheless: I'm being interviewed by Dan Jaffe for his "Talking Across the Table" series that appears in BiblioBuffet. Mine won't appear for a few months, but I'll post a heads-up when it does. Meanwhile, check out Dan's current interview with the handsome, talented, steamy, prolific, gorgeous playwright Leo Cabranes-Grant. Woof!

(I can woof. I know Leo.)

Thanks again, Dan.

* * * * *
Congrats to Betsy Wheeler! Her manuscript's a prize finalist . . . She's being secretive about it, so that's all I'll say.

* * * * *
. . . working on a new poem. Genesis: the image of silver maples flashing their underleaves, "praying for rain" as folks used to say. If this one works out, it goes into the "Trees" manuscript.

I shouldn't call it that. Evokes the Joyce Kilmer poem. Gad. The ms. is still called "The Boy Who Reads in the Trees."

No comments: