Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bookmarks



So I have this small collection of bookmarks--just cheapo advertising bookmarks from some of the bookshops I've visited on my (limited) travels--and I keep thinking there must be something I could do with them. I'm a quilter, so I keep coming back to that: some kind of collage? A quilt?

The problem is, I don't have enough bookmarks. So I thought I'd put out a call: do you have a favorite bookshop in your town? Like Rivendell or Bear Pond Books in Montpelier, Brazos Books in Houston, New World Books in Cincinnati? Do they serve coffee? Soup? Poetry slams? Can you get me a bookmark?

Come on now, y'all. Help support my current obsession.

2 comments:

Amanda Auchter said...

I have several Brazos bookmarks (and I'm going to a reading there this Friday and can pick up several more). Do you want some of those? Brazos doesn't serve coffee or anything like that, but of course, they have the best poetry selection in Texas.

Ron said...

Amanda, Randy had a fun idea about my bookmark fetish. If you could sign a half-dozen Brazos bookmarks and send them to me, we'll get this puppy started and see what happens. (I'll explain in more detail with a full post later today.)