Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th and long(ing)

Worked at the office today. My students had yesterday & today off--that is, we arranged to put in extra time last week so they could take the holiday--so I didn't teach. Amazing, the amount of work one can accomplish in a straight sitting. I got all caught up on their homework papers, read all my e-mail, typed up their midterm grade reports, and chatted online with a new buddy (hey, JP).

So no right to kvetch at all, but yesterday my mom phoned and we talked for a good hour, making me miss my parents acutely. I wish there were a way to pursue my career and still find time to be with them.

Good news from Pebble Lake Review: they are taking two poems. For the record, I am swearing right here, right now that the Rope Lady is fictional. Wild horses couldn't drag the rest of the story out of me. Only a book contract could do that.

Ehh, bedtime. Past bedtime. Happy 4th and all that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya know... I'm a LiveJournal user... :P Me, myself, & I

Can't believe I got mentioned in yer blog! ;) Wowsers!!!