Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Home stretch


Three days left of the summer semester--it's going fast--and then a weekend of somewhat mad grading, dovetailed by a visit from my sister Sandy, who'll be in Hershey for business at the end of the week. We're thinking about a jaunt up to World's End on Monday--as soon as I turn in my grades--if the weather has cooled as predicted. I just want to unwind.

* * * * *
Tinkered on a little poem this morning, "The River Path": something quiet and meditative that ends with a vibrating apple. I may read it in September at the Upper Susquehanna River Basin Conference here at Bucknell. There's a poetry reading scheduled for 5:30 after a full day of topics. The conference is on Saturday, 9/23; you can get more information by emailing
Hannah Holm.

* * * * *
Thinking about some poems-in-progress that I'm collaborating on with my friend Darcy. I want to start a new series with him, based on lines by Cavafy.

* * * * *
Eeek: need to eat some lunch and rush off to class--

[photo: canna leaf, July]

No comments: